My office hours are Monday and Wednesday 11:00-12:00 and Friday 11:15-12:00. However, I am around the Math Department in Monteith almost every day, so if you cannot make those times, you can stop by my office or send an email to request another time.
The syllabus is here. The
Students with disabilities: Please contact me during office hours (or come by my office at another time) to discuss academic accommodations that may be needed during the semester due to a documented disability. If you have a disability for which you wish to request accommodations and have not contacted the Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD), please do so as soon as possible. The CSD engages in an interactive process with each student and reviews requests for accommodation on an individualized case-by-case basis. The CSD is located in Wibur Cross Room 204 and can be reached at 860-486-2020 or at email@example.com. Detailed information regarding the process to request accommodations is available on the CSD website.
Homework Assignments and Notes
- Some notes on ordinals and cardinals. I wrote these a few years ago for the intro to math logic course. If you have not seen ordinals and cardinals before, they may help expand on the treatment in Kunen and in class.
- Homework 1 for math students and for philosophy students, due Friday September 14.
- Homework 2 for math students and for philosophy students, due Wednesday October 3.
- Homework 3 for math students and for philosophy students, due Monday October 22. In both assignments, you should assume AC for Problems 2, 3 and 4.
- Homework 4, due Wednesday October 31.
- Homework 5 for math students and for philosophy students, due Wednesday November 28.