I am an Assistant Professor of Mathematics at the University of Connecticut at Storrs. My research interests are in Probability, Analysis, PDE's.
I received my PhD from Cornell in 2012. I was a Hausdorff postdoc at HCM in Bonn 2012-2014, and a J. J. Uhl Research Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 2014-2016. I am supported by a Collaboration Grant from the Simons Foundation 2018-2023.
I am on the job market.
Contactjanna.lierl 'at' uconn.edu
Department of Mathematics
341 Mansfield Road
Storrs, CT, 06269
Office hours: See HuskyCT.
- A. Biswas, J. Lierl, Faber-Krahn type inequalities and uniqueness of positive solutions on metric measure spaces, submitted 2018, arXiv:1810.11577
- J. Lierl, Local behavior of solutions of quasilinear parabolic equations on metric space, submitted 2017, arxiv:1708.06329
- J. Lierl, Parabolic Harnack inequality for time-dependent non-symmetric Dirichlet forms, submitted 2017, preprint available upon request.
- J. Lierl, The Dirichlet heat kernel in inner uniform domains in fractal-type spaces, submitted 2016, preprint available upon request.
- J. Lierl, S. Steinerberger, A Local Faber-Krahn inequality and Applications to Schrödinger's Equation, Comm. Partial Differential Equations 43 (2018), no.1, 66-81.
- J. Lierl, K.-T. Sturm, Neumann heat flow and gradient flow for the entropy on non-convex domains, Calc. Var. Partial Differential Equations 57 (2018), no.1, Art. 25, 22pp.
- J. Lierl, Parabolic Harnack inequality on fractal-type metric measure Dirichlet spaces, Rev. Mat. Iberoam. 34 (2018), no.2, 687–738.
- J. Lierl, Scale-invariant boundary Harnack principle on inner uniform domains in fractal-type spaces, Potential Analysis 43 (2015), no. 4, 717–747. Original version of this paper as submitted to Potential Analysis in June 2015.
- J. Lierl, L. Saloff-Coste, The Dirichlet heat kernel in inner uniform domains: local results, compact domains and non-symmetric forms, J. Funct. Anal. 266 (2014), no. 7, 4189–4235.
- J. Lierl, L. Saloff-Coste, Scale-invariant boundary Harnack principle in inner uniform domains, Osaka J. Math. 51 (2014), no. 3, 619–656.
- F. Conrad, M. Grothaus, J. Lierl, O. Wittich, Convergence of Brownian motion with a scaled Dirac delta potential, Proc. Edinb. Math. Soc. (2) 55 (2012), no. 2, 403–427.