Tom Roby's Mathematics Publications and Preprints:
- A two-dimensional pictorial
presentation of Berele's insertion algorithm
for symplectic tableaux (with I. Terada).
Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, Volume 12(1), 2005, R4.
- The Lattice of Threshold Graphs (with Russ Merris).
vol. 6, #1 (2005)
- A Schensted insertion for tensor
powers of the Weil representation. accepted as a poster at FPSAC
- Complementary Algorithms for Tableaux (with
Frank Sottile, Jeff Stroomer, and
Julian West). Journal of Combinatorial Theory
A 96, 127--161 (2001).
Available in postscript or tarred and gzipped
- Jeux de
tableaux (With F. Sottile, J. Stroomer, J. West). Formal Power Series
and Algebraic Combinatorics: Twelfth International Conference, FPSAC'00,
Moscow, Russia, June 2000, Proceedings, pp. 332--343.
Down-up Algebras (with Georgia Benkart) Journal of Algebra 209
, 3-5--344 (1998) A brief addendum is
- The connection between the Robinson-Schensted
correspondence for skew oscillating tableaux and graded graphs.
Discrete Math. 139 (1995) 481--485.
- Applications and Extensions of Fomin's
Generalization of the Robinson-Schensted Correspondence to Differential
Posets, Ph.D. Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology,
1991. [Email me if you'd like a copy of this; the LaTeX source no longer
compiles, but I will happily mail a hardcopy or point you to a pdf
Math Education Publications and Preprints:
- The JOMA mathlets project. Journal of Online
Mathematics and its Applications 1 (Jan, 2001).
- ``Models for fractions'' in Harcourt Math
Professional Handbook (Orlando, 2002), pp. PH24--25.
- (with Maletsky, E. and seven other authors) Harcourt
Math (Grades K--6) Harcourt, Inc., Orlando, 2004.
Last updated 16 May 2005